Sunday, March 15, 2009

Words of Virtue

I want to share with you all some of the personal definitions that people are sharing through The25Virtues survey for your comments. It is very motivating to see people thinking deep to create meaning for these ideas/virtues!

Integrity: honesty, acting with honor, and being faithful to your convictions; this is the most important virtue to me because it affects every action you take, every word you say, even your thoughts. Integrity makes you who you are and what you stand for.
Deborah F. Decker, San Antonio, TX

Peace: I believe everything in the world strives to reach a balance, creating peace. it's important to me to have peace not only within ourselves, but with our environment as well.
Krista Bevan, Minersville, PA

Justice: In a general sense, for me, it's the concept that all things end fairly via due thought process, whether pleasant or not. Justice has more to do with rational conclusions than arbitrary emotions and since I pride myself upon being foremost a rational human, being just is a great pillar of pride for me.
Maggie Sullivan, Montlake Terrace, WA

Do these definitions match up with yours? What would you add, what would you change? In the future, I will be sharing definitions one virtue at a time in order to have discussion about each.

Thank you,
Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment